Its been about 17 days since the move in. His demonstration of putting the cereal box back in the cabinet was just the beginning of a long list of minor, insignificant pet peeves and irritations.
That was the first insight of him and how this relationship was going to turn out. These are a few other fights that we’ve had since that first morning, and some minor things that made me hate him:
- He went to bed early, and about 5 minutes after he laid down, I tiptoed to the walk-in closet to grab my pajamas. I had the light on for about 10 seconds, and he had a temper tantrum because he couldn’t believe how rude I was to have the light on.
- We were eating dinner on the couch (because we don’t have a table yet), and when I finished eating, I noticed my work laptop was still on, so I got up to shut it down. As soon as I got up, he flipped out and said it was disgusting for leaving my plate. When I told him that I was going to put it away as soon as I shut down my laptop, he started getting angry and berated me. I felt like a three-year old getting scolded.
- He used my razor
- He ordered 3 movies on my Amazon Prime account that he didn’t even watch. I think he thinks the pass code is just a child lock, but it’s also verifying a purchase.. (that comes out of my debit account).
- When he went to take the trash out, I asked him if he grabbed the small bags of trash in the garage (where he told me to put them in the first place). He said no, and I asked him to grab it. He responded in the most condescending tone, with this thumbs touching his index fingers and in my direction “WHEEeeeeerrrrre Isssssssss Itttttttt!?”
- I worked from home on a Monday, and this particular day, he got out of work at 11:oo am. He called me to tell me that he was going to stop at his moms, and I didn’t hear anything from him until I got a text around 5:00pm telling me his phone was dying. It charges with a micro USB, and even though I know little about this man, I actually do know for a fact that his mom has one of these chargers because I saw him use it to charge his phone before. Also Facebook let me know the last time he was active on his phone, indicating he was lying. He showed up around 7:30pm – and he was wasted. He admitted he was drunk, and it was my fault that he drove because he thought I would be mad if he didn’t come home.
Let me tell you something… there are some things I can try to tolerate about a significant other. I realize that sometimes two people need to adapt to the way of living of the other. I have lived with a lot of people, from family, college roommates, even roommates in the ICU… and across the board, the one thing that I’m told is that I am very easy to live with. Except him.
I couldn’t imagine he even liked me given the way he talked to me. I felt every thing I did was wrong. I don’t take someone talking down to me well, and I don’t think anyone ever should.
I love my dad, but whenever I witnessed a tone or scolding over something petty to my mom, I jumped right up and defended her. It wasn’t right, and I’d be damned if I stay with someone who thinks they can belittle me. I don’t have someone around to defend me. Regardless of finances and circumstances, or the fact that it’s Valentines Day – today is the day that he will know I’m gone forever.